The spacious Fifth Wheels Trailer is towed by pick-up trucks using a special ‘fifth wheel’ hitch. Known for high ceilings, lots of slide-out rooms and split level design, they’re the most spacious RVs available. But don’t let the size intimidate you, these comfortable RVs are easy to handle. Depending on the province you can even tow behind your Fifth wheel trailer.
Why choose this type of RV?
The fifth wheel is a more sizable RV that varies in price depending on your own customizable touch. With a very home-like feel and bi-level options, the fifth wheel has the capability to be a very luxurious rig. Never leave home without something as most fifth wheels have very spacious outside storage spaces. Most fifth wheels require a full-sized truck to tow them.
Features of this RV
- Unique bi-level design: The master bedroom (or living room) sits over the truck bed, and there is often a large picture window at the rear for panoramic views.
- Detachable: Leave your trailer at the park and use your car or truck for shopping or sightseeing.
- All the conveniences of home: Everything is built into a fifth-wheel for sleeping, showering, dining, cooking and entertainment. Many manufacturers also offer true luxury models that are very spacious and elegantly furnished.
- Slide-out options: There are as many as 4 side-outs in some models, which extends the RV wall outward at the touch of a button, a distance of up to 1 meter (3½ ft.), to create larger living areas.
- Towing weight capacity: It's important to match the weight of the RV to the towing capacity of your truck. Consult your dealer for details.
- Lightweight fifth wheels: Smaller trucks with less towing capacity can be used.